Wednesday 3 August 2011

Thrifting @ Savers

Not sure where you are in the world but Spring has definitely hit Melbourne!

Went to the local Savers the other day, you know just browsing...not expecting (more like I can't AFFORD) to buy anything. So what happens? I find "things"....

1. Jewellry stand (?)

Ok I'm pretty sure this is a jewellery stand for necklaces perhaps? Anyone have one of these at home? Scored this for $5. Did I need it? Probably not.


2. Wall mounted cube

I picked this up while browsing and thought it would look great in my son's room. I knew it was a wall cube of some type due to the screw allowance. My son can use it to park his little matchbox cars - he has 1 car at the moment but that collection will grow!

I did some research and it is a Copco Wall Mount Spice Rack designed by Lubge - Randel circa 1970's. Originally had spice bottles in the cubes but obviously the one I bought is only the wall mount, but for $5.99 why not? I think this is my first true retro item BOOYAH!


3. Dress

Last item was a dress with a striped top and tulle skirt. It's currently in the wash but will take some pics when I come to wear it. Dress $8.99

Thanks for reading my rant ;)

♥ B.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cube storage! interested in seeing the dress I have one that sounds very similar!

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a similar jewellery stand in black. i haven't used it yet but plan to. it should hold just about all of my jewellery except rings perhaps. it's was three dollars. phew. what a bargain. yours is lovely

    ReplyDelete

talk to me!