Tuesday 12 July 2011

Paint & Life

Wallpaper successfully removed. Washed down walls with sugar soap. Choose a paint color - Antique White.

Finally some progress.

Had a rough start to painting last weekend. I had a little too much bubbly at our EOFY do and was a little unwell the follwing day...you know what I mean?

Anywho - got cracking with the "reno crew" (family) and .....painted. There's not really much to it. First we cut in the walls with the undercoat and the boys got the rollers and (body) rolled! hhahahahaha *body roll*
I am immature at times.

We did two coats of the undercoat where we removed the wallpaper but didn't bother with the walls already painted white. Once the undercoat dried, cut in walls with top coat and painted. We are almost done with the walls, I only need to put on another coat in the ensuite and sunroom and we are finished! Then possibly only need to touch up parts of the ceiling.

Did I mention that I also want to paint the skirtings which are currently brown? There is a primer which apparently goes straight onto the timber without needing to sand - I'm think its called Zinsser or Zinzzer or Zinnesser? Ok will provide correct details in future post. We started in one bedroom and will probably try and get some more rooms done over the weekend.

In a nutshell - painting walls was B.O.R.I.NG. and takes a lot of patience. But on the upside you get to think about life, the hangover and how you're to old for that ish!


Dulux - Antique White


Living room

Kitchen

Bedroom

Primer



♥ B.

P.S. A warm hello to my first official follower Zelicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me!