Sunday 17 July 2011

Timberrrrrr....

The last two weekends have been tiresome yet extremely productive. So as I mentioned last post we painted and are continuing to paint. The walls are done and so is the ceiling in the entrance and lounge. May I just say that painting the ceiling is annoying (understatement) especially when I am "vertically challenged".

The boys have given up the paint brush and have left it to us girls. We are currently in the position to apply our first coat to our trimmings. I chose to paint the trimmings white - but because our walls are already white - my uncle suggested to go another colour or at least another shade of white?! So this is where my creative juices begin to get challenged...white or off white?? hahahaha ..... not sure yet so watch this space.

Primer

More painting

Anywho, we've also started to remove the carpet. I feel rather guilty removing this as it is in excellent condition and looks quality. But I cannot and I repeat CANNOT  stand the thought of how much dust accumulates and the amount of time wasted in vacuuming. However, we will be keeping the carpet in the step down lounge because  1. hubby wants to and 2. it's on a concrete slab. Everywhere else got cut up and rolled out. And underneath emerged beautiful timber hardwood floors. I love timber floors and these are your old school, you can sand me me a thousand times thick - sort of wood. Not sure what type of timber but I don't care.

In the kitchen

In the BIR

Dining area

Lounge

Did I mention there was carpet in the ensuite? And yes there was some funky smell going on. Ripped that out as well and looking at tiling that baby up. Hopefully since the carpet has been removed, some of that funkiness will also go away.

Ensuite carpet removed

EWWW!

The laundry had 1970's brown tiles on the floor. I did consider replacing this but then thought about the process and decided we'll do it later, maybe in a few years maybe never. The brother in law comes by to give us a hand and also decides he doesn't like the tiles. He says it would be easy and will take him 10 minutes (note: works as a tiler) and begins to chip away at the tiles. Ummm okay then I  guess we'll update now?!

My ex retro laundry tiles

So many of our family and friends have come to give us a hand in the process so far. At one point we had ten people in the house doing whatever they can, painting, rolling up the carpet, removing staples or nails from the floor, cleaning. So blessed we have the best family and friends ever !


Have to go and peruse different shades of white before I konk out.

♥ B.







No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me!